Body Language for NCRTM
3.1: Interpreting the HPI - Round 2
Now that you have had an opportunity to build your understanding of the HPI - from both a patient and a provider perspective, it is time to interpret this interview again.
This time, we will have you work through a more complete process with the the appointment. It will once again come with three steps.
- Step 1: you will create another interpretation with a reflection.
- Step 2: View the original interpretation created during filming and reflect on that.
- Step 3: Create a third interpretation incorporating everything you have had a chance to learn and reflect on that.
Interpreting the Appointment - Round 2
Knowing that, move onto creating another interpretation. (If you can film it to use for your reflection, please do so.)
Information from Interpreter Referral Service:
A Deaf patient has an appointment with a family practice doctor who is a partner with the patient's regular doctor. (Her regular doctor is on leave.) The patient is concerned about recurring headaches. Appointment is at 1:00 pm on Monday.
Meet the Physican: Dr. David Jorde
Meet the Patient: Michelle Stuart
The Appointment without Interpretation
Now that you have interpreted this appointment for the second time, reflect on what you learned from your original attempt.
- How did your interpretation different from the first time?
- Did you notice improvement in the areas that you had identified as challenging?
- What learning from patient or provder perspectives proved particularly valuable as you interpreted this again?
- What areas are still challenging?