Description: Interpreting for individuals who have experienced Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault (DVSA) requires specialty knowledge and skills. Interpreting skills includes knowledge of trauma-informed care, how trauma impacts language use, as well as additional self-care for interpreters. The information in this webshop, developed in collaboration with Deaf-centered DVSA service providers, will help you determine if this work is right for you now or in the future.
After this webshop participants will be able to:
- Be able to identify patterns of language use for people who have experienced DV/SA.
- Incorporated self-care strategies into your work.
- Match settings in which working with those who have experiences DV/SA intersect with interpreters.
*This webshop is not comprehensive, and will not make interpreters qualified to do this work, but will lay out a foundation and a path for future training.
This webshop will require about 90 minutes of work. You must invest at least 75 minutes or more. There are no set meeting times. All work must be completed by 11:59pm on October 31st. You can take this course at anytime during the month of October as long as you complete the work by October 31st to get a certificate and/or CEUs.
Our webshops and modules are offered through Canvas, an online learning management system.
- You must have high-speed internet access and a tablet or computer that supports:
- Ability to work online and type or video record discussion posts.
- Ability to record videos.
- Ability to upload videos to YouTube for sharing with others in Canvas.
- Ability to access streamed video content.
There is no cost to access this offering.
Our Self-Directed modules and webshops are offered on demand once opened. Enrollment will remain open until October 31st.
All our self-directed tracks are open enrollment which means it is not limited to a specific number of participants.
Forgot your password? Click here to reset
Please note: This module requires at least 75 minutes or more and must be completed by October 31st.
To be eligible for CEUs you must complete the pre-assessment, watch all the videos, complete self-reflection activities and quizzes, and complete the post-assessment by 11:59pm on October 31st.
St. Catherine University is a RID-approved CMP sponsor. This module is approved for .15 professional studies with PPO CEUs
CEUs will be posted by November 17, 2023.