This course opens for enrollment on August 1st, 2023 and it will close on August 31st, 2023.This webshop is closed. We will offer this opportunity in 2024.
Description: This offering is to introduce you to fundamental background information about the general process of hearing, hearing-related appointments, and assistive technology you may be in contact with during these interactions. This webshop comes from the explanation and perspective of a Deaf Audiologist. This webshop also exposes you to information that might be necessary when working with Deaf professionals that support people with hearing differences.
After this webshop participants will:
- increase awareness of various audiological assessments for identifying hearing levels
- be able to identify various assistive listening and communication technology that might be seen in the community and resources for how to continue to remain updated about them
- and will understand specific jargons and concepts related to hearing, including culturally sensitive variations on them.
This webshop will require about 90 minutes of work. You must invest at least 75 minutes or more. There are no set meeting times. All work must be completed by 11:59pm on August 31st. You can take this course at anytime during the month of August as long as you complete the work by August 31st to get a certificate and/or CEUs.
Our webshops and modules are offered through Canvas, an online learning management system.
- You must have high-speed internet access and a tablet or computer that supports:
- Ability to work online and type or video record discussion posts.
- Ability to record videos.
- Ability to upload videos to YouTube for sharing with others in Canvas.
- Ability to access streamed video content.
There is no cost to access this offering.
A link to the course will become available on August 1st at 9:00am CST.
Our Self-Directed modules and webshops are offered on demand once opened. Enrollment will remain open until August 31st.
All our self-directed tracks are open enrollment which means it is not limited to a specific number of participants.
Forgot your password? Click here to reset
Please note: This module requires at least 75 minutes or more and must be completed by August 31st.
To be eligible for CEUs you must complete the pre-assessment, watch all the videos, complete self-reflection activities and quizzes, and complete the post-assessment by 11:59pm on August 31st.
St. Catherine University is a RID-approved CMP sponsor. This module is approved for .15 professional studies with PPO CEUs
CEUs will be posted by September 22, 2023.